Friday, July 18, 2003

Well, now that I am home all day, I am going to attempt to start up this page again. This has been the end our first week here. It has been quite an adjustment for me being home with Shawn all day. I have to work a minimum of 24 hours a week & trying to concentrate on that & deal with Shawn has been tough. Tim went out & bought me my own desk so now I have a a true home office with my laptop, desk, fax machine & cell phone. Except for managing Shawn, it is working out pretty well. I have not been able to print from my laptop to the printer, so I have been emailing to our home computer & then printing. My Computer department at work just overnighted me a wireless printer server to attach to my computer so it will work. Tim is going to work on getting that set up tonight.

The neighborhood is really nice. We have met some of the neighbors, but no one has become life long friends yet!! I guess it takes longer than a week. We have only been to the pool 5 times. 4 out of those 5 were with Mom & Dad. Trying to find the time during the day is hard. Not sure if I will get a membership for August or not. We have the grade school within walking distance from our house, just like our last one. The other night we drove our bikes over there & let Shawn play on the playground. He had a great time. The cisty is building a Nature Park next store to the school, with lookout decks to fish off of & trails to walk on. It is not quite done, but what we saw so far is nice. It's nice to have it so close to home!

We have pretty much figured out the city. It has all of the same stores as Toledo, plus a few new ones, so that hasn't been too bad. We had to take my car in to repair the passenger side window (it would go up or down) and the electric passenger door. On the door, we were opening it half the time by the handle & half the time by the remote. If you open it by the handle, it messes it up & then it doesn't close all the time. The reset that, so now it works. The had to order a part for the window, so my car is going back in on Tuesday.

Dauber has to go in for surgery on Wednesday to remove a stich in his ear and a wart on his leg. They will have to give him some happy gas, so it will end up costing us around $285. Not fun, but I guess it needs to be done.

Went to Bunko last night for the first time at the community club house. It is a dice game. There were 20 woman there. I ended up with the most Bunkos (2) and won $26.00!! You put in $4.00 to play, so not bad returns!! It is a monthly gathering. I give it another try & see if I can meet some of the neighbors.

Tomorrow or Sunday, we are planning to drive to one of the lake towns for the day. Not sure which one at this point. From 10-1 tomorrow, they are doing Child ID's at the clubhouse. We are taking Shawn there. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: