Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So I decided to take the day off yesterday to catch up on some household tasks that I've been neglecting and not only did I get the tasks accomplished but I also got attacked by a family of birds.

The morning started in a pretty normal manner; pulled weeds, put away the excess garage sale stuff from a couple of weeks ago, fertilized the flowers, washed the outside of the windows in the back of the house and then the fun began. I knew that I had a bird's nest near the entry way of the house that I had to remove because of the nasty mess that the birds are making under the nest. The nest is somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 feet up so I go out my nest remover (actually a tree prunner) and began to knock the nest down. As I took my first swipe at the nest I was met face to face with an extremely pissed bird. So off to the garage I went to find my safety glasses and hard hat in order to protect myself while I finished up the job. When I returned, there was a baby bird on the porch. Of course I couldn't finish the job now so I high tailed it out of there as Momma and Papa bird started to dive at me. So now not only do I have one baby on the porch but a second one fell out of the nest as well. Momma bird decided that she was going to live in her nest and take care of her babies who have taken up permanent residence on the porch. I sure hope no one decides to use the front door!

Last night, the family met up with some relatives in Catawba/Lakeside for an abbreviated family reunion. My uncle (Mom's twin brother) was in town with his daughter and wife. Since they are from the Seattle area, we don't see them too often so we got together with them and some other relatives I haven't seen in awhile.

Katelyn has been sick the last couple of nights. She's been congested, not eating and not sleeping well at all. Last night she was up every hour or so and Lisa really feels the bulk of that pain. So last night after about the third wake up call in which Lisa and I participated we fell back asleep with the baby monitor between us in bed. Katelyn decided to wake up again and in a very automatic manner, I took the baby monitor and put it under my pillow. For any Father out there that has children that still wake up in the middle of the night I do not recomend the baby monitor snooze button. It will definately cause you to be hit in the arm and to be called bad names in the middle of the night. Anyway, Lisa took Katelyn to the doctor and she has her very first ear infection. I hope this isn't a peek at things to come. I really don't want Katelyn to follow the path of Shawn and ear tubes.

That's about it for now. Looks like the much needed rain has started to fall!

No comments: