Friday, November 09, 2007

Been awhile since I updated so this one may be all over the place.

Last weekend, we did our usual running errands and cleaning up around the house. I also finally got around to installing a battery back up sump pump which is the first step in the basement remodel process. The installation of the back up pump was much easier that I thought it would be and it really only took about 90 minutes....not too bad for never installing one before. Total cost for the added security and piece of mind; about $425!

The rest of the week was pretty much a blur. Started Monday with a fever and stomach ache, felt better on Tuesday, followed by what I am guessing is a migraine headache all of Wednesday and Thursday. If you don't have migraines, I hope you never develop them. It was so bad it hurt to even try to sleep. I finally took some over the counter migraine meds and all better. Nothing was working to help the headache, not Tylenol, not Ibuprofen, not aspirin or sinus medication. I was even taking double the recommended dosage and nothing was helping. Excedrin Migraine is a miracle drug!

Between the sickness and the headache Lisa and I met up with my Mom, Sister and Brother and went to an awards dinner that my Dad's last employer holds to recognize years of service to the company. At the end of the awards ceremony, they unveiled a plaque they are hanging in their call center dedicated to my Dad. They dedicated the call center as the "Tom Ruff Memorial Call Center". It was a really nice thought. Everyone Dad worked with are really nice people and are all still feel his loss. It was nice to see that Dad had such an impact on so many people that he worked with. I have posted a picture of the plaque below (sorry about the bad quality but the picture came from my cell phone with really bad lighting in the room).

This weekend brings kids pictures and who knows what. Have a great weekend!!




Sleeping Beauty and the Beast

No comments: