Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Well, my retinas seem to be okay for the moment. I was told that I would more than likely have a detachment or a tear eventually due to the severity of my nearsightedness but for the moment I only have some pretty significant lattice in both eyes which is an area that the retina is held into place a bit stronger than it should (like super glue) and is a prime area for tearing. I also have an area where the vitreous jell is thicker than in others that will cause me bi-annual trips to make sure it stays the same size. I guess the thicker jell can cause issues with retina detachments. Other than that and being reassured that I am color blind, all seems to be good for now with my eyes.

Tonight I am attending a prayer service to prepare for Shawn's first celebration of Reconciliation. I'm sure Shawn is looking forward to that.....not!

I racked my beer that's brewing last night and according to Bro-in-law Brad, the alcohol by volume at the present time is 6.4%. I did sample the flat beer and you can definitely tell that it's going to be a nice strong and well balanced beer. I'm having issues with the first batch in my kegerator. I think I have a nice slug of hops or sediment in the lines that's causing the beer to flow very slowly. Once I kill this keg, I will give all the lines and the keg dip tube a good cleaning.

My brother Mike came in for a visit this past weekend which was nice. We really didn't do all that much but it was a nice visit. We did make it to a couple of brew pubs and enjoyed a few but didn't over do it this time.Uncle Mike, Dad, Shawn and Kate

No comments: