Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter Blahs

Katelyn has been sick the past few days so Lisa stayed home yesterday and I stayed home today.  She's just had a really nasty fever and has been really lethargic.  We did manage to get her to the doctor's office today to find out we were dealing with some kind of virus that turned into an ear infection.  It's amazing how a dose of antibiotics turns a little girl around.  I actually got some food down her and she hasn't had a fever since this morning at 6 am. 

This weekend, I'm tossing around trying to do a brisket in the smoker along with a chicken or two and have some people over.  I'm also in the need to brew another batch of beer as well but the weather tends to put a damper on both of those activities.  I'll have to decide soon because I'll need to get the brisket all rubbed up and sitting in the fridge for a day or two.  What to do....what to do? 

No comments: