Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Shawn's Brithday weekend number one-2010

This weekend marked the beginning of Shawn's two week long celebration of his 9th birthday.  Friday was pretty much uneventful but I did manage to swing by the home brew store and pick up  ingredients for a couple batches of delicious beer.  So since I had the ingredients and since Brad is visiting soon I brewed a beer on Friday night.  The beer is a bit outside the box as far as it's different than anything I've brewed before.  I call it Starbucks Stout.  Yes it's a stout with coffee added into it. 

Saturday morning, Lisa's Mom and Dad picked up Katelyn for an "adventure" (code for staying with Nana and Papa), Lisa went shopping and I brewed another batch of beer.  Brad and I should have ample beer now...can't run out during his visit. 

Saturday night was the big friend birthday party.  Lisa, Shawn and I picked up three of Shawn's friends and headed to BW3 for dinner and then headed down to the arena for a Walleye's hockey game.  The hockey game was an absolute blast and it was probably the best game I've ever attended.  The game was high scoring, had several fights and ended with 6 seconds in overtime.  The game was a hit with the boys as well.

Sunday it was to church and grocery shopping.  Unfortunately, Katelyn wasn't feeling well and the rest of the day was trying to make her comfortable.  This morning she's feeling much better.

Here's some pictures of the big party:

 Logan, Luke, Shawn and Michael (AKA Shawn's Posse)

All sugared up

At the game
View from our Seats (5th row)

No comments: