Sunday, May 02, 2010

Color!


It took all weekend but we now have color in the basement.  Lisa and Jill searched for paint Friday evening while Todd and I finished painting the ceiling.  The wall color was a pain in the rear-end.  We probably bought 6 samples of different shades of brown.  Some were too yellow, others were too orange and some of them looked a lot like dog do.  Finally, Lisa and Jill mixed a couple of the different samples together to come up with a shade of brown we can live with.

Saturday morning, Todd and Jill stopped by again for a few hours and helped paint the walls.  When they left, we still had about 70% of the Trim left to do but I couldn't do much more without really screwing it up plus we were having Ted's birthday dinner on Saturday.  I made my soon to be famous Beef Wellington.  We rounded out the meal with mashed potatoes, broccoli rice casserole and a nice tossed salad.

This morning, I finished the trim up while Lisa worked on the bathroom walls.  Of course the walls in the bathroom are now a nice O.S.U. grey which will make an excellent backdrop for a Brutus Fathead or a scarlet block O and all the other scarlet colored signs Lisa has accumulated over the years.  I am now in search of a waterproof Michigan "M" for the bottom of the Toilet but my initial search is leaving me coming up empty.

Tomorrow the cabinet salesman is coming over after work to verify measurements and I will either cut the grass if the weather cooperates or I will put another coat on the ceiling....it needs it I fear.  Here are some pictures of our freshly painted basement.




No comments: