Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vacation time

Well, It looks like I caved.  We are going on vacation this year in a couple of weeks to our normal spot; Myrtle Beach.  I know it's crazy to go to South Carolina during the month of July but it's such an affordable vacation spot with plenty to do for the kids.  We ended up booking a two bedroom condo in a huge resort golf neighborhood.  Its the same resort that we stayed in last year but in a different group of condos.  We are on the second floor overlooking one of the holes of the golf course with the pool a mere couple hundred of feet away.  It's not on the beach but the resort has a shuttle service to the beach that we will take advantage of. 

We are planning on leaving at 2am on a Saturday morning and driving strait through.  We should arrive sometime near 4pm on Sunday just in time for check in.  The drive with the kids is not a pleasant experience but with all the cash I've burned on the basement this year, we had to take the most economical vacation possible.  I actually cashed in all my rewards points from credit cards, survey clubs and debit card usage which will pay for nearly all of the condo!  I couldn't believe how many points I had accumulated. 

This weekend, bro-in-law Brad comes for a visit.  I'm sure we will hang in the basement and throw back some tasty beers.  My brother was thinking about coming for a visit too but haven't heard from him yet.  Mike, Brad and I could be a very dangerous combination while drinking beer.  Nothing huge planned for the visit this time around.  I think I may throw a salmon and a few trout on the smoker to snack on while we hang out...we will see.

Unfortunately, tonight I have to get some yard work done in this crazy heat.  Hope I don't get heat stroke!

No comments: