Monday, August 23, 2010

Finishing Touches

Well this past weekend was pretty much a bust for me but very productive for Lisa.  As we get prepared for our "little" breaking in the basement bash next weekend.  By the way the bash is up to over 50 people and I still don't know about 11 others as of yet.  It's amazing how clean and organized our house can get when we're having people over. 

Unfortunately, my back started acting up on Thursday evening and hasn't really felt any better.  I think it's a nerve issue but I have no idea really.  I did however get a new wireless router installed as well as installed my 4 tap draft system in the basement.  Well at least I partially have the draft system installed.  I still have purchase the chest freezer that I'm converting to a chest-cooler, the temperature control mechanism and the 12 cfm blower motor and do the modifications.  For now, my old kegerator will serve as my cooler and only three 1/6 barrels with fit in it.  I can't wait until the project is complete and I have 4 home brews on tap! 

This week should be a busy one.  I have a meeting this evening with a fraternity brother (he graduated in 1951) who stores a lot of our historical documents and also controls the fraternity's money.  I'm in the process of starting an alumni chapter in the Toledo area and I hope to get approval for reimbursement for some of my activities in the process.  Tomorrow is parent orientation at Shawn's school (I can't believe he's in forth grade already), Wednesday is actually open and Thursday is a parent meeting for Cross Country.  Other than that and getting Shawn to cross country practice, we need to continue to prepare for the bash.  Friday will probably be a stay at home day!

Since I can't help myself, here's some pictures of the draft system:

Bar side of the wall

The third hole was were the electrical outlet was before I moved it to the other side of the wall

Back side of the wall

Completed bar side

Katie had to get in the picture

Looks like tap locks are in my future

No comments: