Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Science Project is Done for Now

The draft system is complete for now.  I still need to do something a bit more permanent with the shank box by attaching better than it is now.  The cooler seems to be holding at a pretty consistent temperature but the beer is taking some time to get to a nice drinking temperature.  I can fit either four 5 gallon corny kegs in it or one corny keg and a 1/2 barrel and the CO2 bottle still fits fine.  Here's a few pictures as it looks now below.

Shawn also had his first cross country meet of the year.  I'm pretty sure the team won his age group but we left before the results were posted.  Shawn ended up 100th out of what I would guess 150-165 boys.  Not bad considering he is now running with 4th-6th graders and he's a 4th grader.  He seemed to peter out during the last 150 yards and let a few boys pass him.

Here's Shawn after about his first half mile

Beer lines and recirculation tube run out of the cooler to a Styrofoam cooler 

My recirculation blower is mounted in the middle and move cold air up a duct and to the back of my faucets


Point where the recirculated cold air and the beer lines run out of the cooler and up a PVC tube to the back of the faucets

Gas distribution valves and CO2 tank/regulator
Temperature controller

No comments: