Wednesday, January 08, 2003

It seems like I am always playing catch up - either at work or home or with this website. There never seems to be enough of me to go around. Had Christmas in Cleveland this past weekend. Shawn got a ton more toys - a Fisher Price farm house & airport, a Leap Pad imagination desk, books, a talking grill, and a matchbox car race track. He also got 3 Christmas ornaments. When Brad & I were growing up, each set of grandparents would buy us an ornament each year. When I moved out, all of my ornaments came with me & they now hang on our tree. I carried on that tradition for Shawn. It's fun to see the ornaments each year.

Starting to plan his birthday party. I was going to keep it small, but that just isn't any fun. He doesn't need anything so it will be more of just a join us & eat celebration, but don't bring a gift. It will be here before we know it.

Our microwave draws too many amps when it is running, which causes our breakers to keep tripping. I have been trying to get a electrian to return my calls for 2 days now to come out for a service call & I have had no luck. The commerical places charge you an $80 consulting fee & then you have to schedule another appointment to have your problem fixed. I have been calling licensed individual contractors. I gave up today & turned the job over to Tim - maybe a guy calling will get more results.

Shawn goes to Mom & Dad's on Friday nights for a sleep over, so Tim & I are planning on going out to dinner and then on Saturday, cleaning & running errands. It is a nice break for all of us!! We can't thank Mom & Dad enough for being willing to take him every week!!!

No comments: