Thursday, January 02, 2003

We got hit with a lot of snow this afternoon. When I came home, I got Shawn all dressed in his boots, hat, jacket, gloves, etc & thought I would take him outside & have him "help" me shovel the snow. I got 2 rows done when I heard Shawn crying. I turn around & he had his gloves off & both hands were stuck in the snow. He was frozen in place, kind of like in shock at how cold his hands were. So I freak out & race him inside, thinking that his hands were frostbiten & would fall off!!!! I shove his hands under warm water & he still kept crying & his hands were still bright red. Tim came home & helped to get Shawn to stop crying. Shawn won't be helping me again anytime soon.

We went to a coworkers apartment for part of New Years. They live downtown on the fifth floor of an office building. The whole floor is their place. It is really neat. We took Shawn & stayed until about 10:45pm & then headed home. Shawn had fallen asleep before we got home, so we put him to bed, changed clothes & prepared to watch the last hour of Dick Clark. Needless to say, Tim woke up with 4 seconds left until 2003 & woke me up so I wouldn't miss it. All I was concerned about was if I could go to bed. Typical new year for us!!

We are going over to Tim's friend Bo's tomorrow night to watch the Ohio State game. We will leave Saturday morning for Christmas in Cleveland with Tim's family.
It' s been since November since they have seen Shawn, so it will be fun for them to hear all of the stuff that he has been saying. He latest thing is to turn the lights off & say "Oh,dark". He will turn them on & off, playing this game. He has also taken to not wearing his shoes & socks at daycare. He doesn't wear them at home & I guess he must feel at home there. It has taken me some getting use to - thinking about all of the possible germs/dirt, etc on his feet. His favorite word these days seems to be "no". Everything is "no" with a temper tantrum. I guess we are getting ready for the terrible 2's.

No comments: