Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Tried to follow the directions on mounting my sirius radio in the car last night. Now that was the biggest pain in the rear know to man. The suggested antenna location for a SUV is in the back, 6 inches from the edge of the roof near the tailgate. I tried for about 2 hours running that damn wire trough the carpet, the plastic molding and the roof material to no avail. Eventually I mounted the antenna on the roof near the driver's side door and it works great. That's two hours that I'll never get back.

Not only did I totally waste 2 hours but I also destroyed my halogen light in the porcess. I finished my installation fiasco and backed the car out of the garage to put it back on the correct side of the garage and I hear a crunch followed by a bang. Instead of getting out to see what I hit, I decided to put it in forward and then reverse again. The second time over the light pretty much completly destroyed any hope that the light would still be in working condiditon. What a bonehead I am.

One bright note is that I purchased a used (new to me) Taylormade golf club. I have been looking for a new 3 wood for about a year now and have just put it off thinking that I would find one that I liked on sale. Finally I found one at a used sporting good's store in great condition that was about 50% less than new. The unfortunate part of the story is that the sporting goods store didn't have anywhere to try the club out before I bought it. I'm sure I will like it, it is the same brand as all the other clubs that I have. New toy for my upcoming trip!!

No comments: