Thursday, June 22, 2006

Start building the ark! Storms blew through here like nothing I can ever rememeber seeing in the past. We had so much rain that the sump pump could barely keep up with it all. I went out and bought a small pump that attaches to a garden hose to help the installed sump pump out in its efforts to keep us dry. I spent about 3 hours with the helper pump and finally, the water level was manageable enough for the permanent pump to work on its own. I think that I'm going to buy a battery powered back up pump to be safe. The neighborhood basically flooded in spots including the street directly in front of the house. There were still areas where the streets had a foot or more of standing water this morning. Hope tonight's storm is not as bad.

1 comment:

wmssd said...

This is very beautiful and fantastic article.
Thank you so much for sharing this.
grease trap cleaning company muskegon mi