Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Shawn had a parade and party that Lisa helped plan and pull off. I attended the parade. We ended up hitting most of the houses in our neighborhood before Shawn decide he had his fill of candy and being polite. Halloween sure has changed since I was a kid. There were two regular size Hersey Bars and three regular size bags of M&M's. We don't get many trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood so most of the houses give away handfuls of candy instead of the usual one piece. After trick-or-treating for about an hour, Shawn had more candy than I would have received trick-or-treating for 3 hours.

The night wasn't without its drama. Shawn threw a classic tantrum because he didn't want me to put black makeup on his face. I told him that I was sending him back to the Gypsy we got him from and that turned into a full out cry.

This week we have a parent-teacher conference; it should be a fun and enlightening half hour. Okay, time to deal with my employee "witch" (have to be family friendly here) looks like she just flew in on her broom!

Shawn and a couple of classmates

Pirate!!

Shawn's Classroom


Shawn and Mom on the train

2 comments:

Brad said...

I want to hear about the witch during our visit.

Tim said...

The witch is the reason for my blood pressure steadily increasing over the past year or so. I can honestly say I wouldn't piss down her throat if her guts were on fire!