Monday, May 21, 2007

This weekend had us running! Friday I left work a little early and got all my yard chores out of the way because I knew that the rest of the weekend was going to be a blur. Friday evening, Lisa and I took the kids to our church's annual festival and spent some time watching Shawn ride some of the most ridiculous yet so very overpriced carnival rides and then spent a little time in the beer tent consuming adult beverages and listening to loud unmemorable music.

Saturday Shawn had Tee ball practice at 10:30am and then it was off to Nana's house for the night. Katelyn had her 3 month pictures scheduled for later that morning and then she also spent the rest of the day and night at Nana's. Lisa had to work the festival for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon so after I dropped her off there, I went shopping for baseball cleats and pants for Shawn. After stopping at two Dick's Sporting Goods Stores, I finally found Shoes in Shawn's size. Then it was off to the festival to pick up Lisa so we could go to dinner.

We ended up going to Carson's Steakhouse for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary which is next weekend. We used a gift certificate that we got as a gift from Lance and Traci...thanks! The food was great! I had the Horseradish encrusted Lake Superior Whitefish with Broccoli and a lettuce wedge, Lisa had the Delmonico. The popovers they serve with dinner were outstanding! I pretty much blew my diet on Saturday but considering that I didn't eat much the rest of the day I really didn't do too bad. We ended the evening with a walk with Dauber through the neighborhood.

Sunday we went to Cleveland to visit my Mom. We really didn't have anything planned other than to spend the day with Mom. We ended up getting lunch at El Rodeo which as just average and took a trip to Marcs. Lisa's trips to Cleveland are never complete without spending an hour or so and about $50 at Marcs. The place is always a mess but the prices are pretty good. We spent a little more time at Mom's place visiting with my brother and sister and headed home.

This week is a short one for me. I will be in Charlotte at the pit change challenge later in the week. Hopefully I come home with some prize money.

Have a great week!

No comments: