Monday, May 14, 2007

This weekend was pretty much spent working on the yard. Friday, I finished planting the flowers and other plants that we bought on Thursday only to realize that we needed twice as many plants than what we bought. We also had 6 yards of mulch delivered and dumped in the driveway.

Saturday, I cut the grass finished spreading the last of the mulch and bought more flowers to plant. Lisa and I went to dinner at Mancy's with some friends. I have no idea what they do to the beef at Mancy's but I've never had a bad meal there. I had the Tornadoes Oscar and Lisa had the Ribeye.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, Lisa's parents came over and I cooked breakfast for them. We had eggs benedict, a fruit salad, potatoes, mimosas and bloody marys. The breakfast turned out very nice. We then ran some errands. Went to the Anderson's, Lowes, Joseph's Beverage Center and the pet store to pick up a gold fish that Shawn so desperately needed. When I went to Joseph's Beverage, I picked up a bottle of Delirium Tremens. I had this very strong (9%) beer in New York earlier this month and I can't get enough of it. The beer is from Belgium and has the best aftertaste of any beer I've ever had (and for those of you who know me, I've had quite a few)! If you ever stumble upon this beer, try it....you won't be disappointed.

Sunday evening was spent on the patio and finishing up the landscaping before dinner. Below are a few pictures of the finished landscape project. I can't wait until the flowers and grasses grow and fill in.

Mother's Day Breakfast (doesn't look too bad does it?)

Shawn & Lisa with the cake Shawn decorated at Anderson's

A Boy and his Fish

No comments: