Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Not much happening the past couple of days except for all this snow that fell. It was a strange snow fall because most of it came from the northeast. When the winter weather comes from the northeast, we typically get twice as much snow and the way our house is situated, it doesn't seem to accumulate on our driveway as badly as it does went the weather comes from the northwest. So other than trying to keep warm, this week has been relatively quiet so far.

Monday I ended up going to Cabela's and bought my cargo carrier. The bags a bit heavier than I would like but what did I expect from a waterproof duffel that sits on top of your car as it rolls down the highway at 80 mph? For my purposes, the bags will work fine and they seem to be pretty airline baggage handler safe or in other words; pretty indestructible.

Last night, I decided to dabble in my latest hobby. If you haven't guessed the hobby by now, it's experimenting with Indian cooking. Last night we stopped by Kroger and picked up a few ingredients I was missing to make Rajma. Rajma is nothing more than kidney bean curry. The basic ingredients are dark kidney beans, onions, garlic, tomatoes and tons of spice. I would describe Rajma as almost a thick Indian chili with a kick. I served the Rajma over brown rice (not so Indian) to myself seeing that Lisa is a chick lipped lily livered scared e cat and refuses to try anything remotely Indian except for Naan and Roti. Speaking of Naan (bread), I may try my hand at baking my first batch tonight. For the record, I didn't like Rajma as much as I liked the Channa. The Rajma was good and I'll make it again but I like Channa a bit more.

And as most of you probably guessed, the Rajma goes perfectly with beer! My beer of choice lately is Hoegaarden, which is a Belgian white wheat beer. I really seem to like the Belgian beers of late. One of my favorites is Delirium Tremems which packs a punch at 9% alcohol by volume! You don't feel too much pain after throwing down a few beers with the pink elephant on the label.

As promised to Shawn, here is a picture of him with his latest Lego creation; a Raiders of the Lost Ark scene:

No comments: