Monday, February 25, 2008

Sorry about my lack of posts as of late but blogging has been far from the forefront of my mind lately. I do want to say thank you to all that have sent cards and kind words this past week over the death of Dauber. It's really hard to believe that a dog can have so much of an impact on our lives. The simple things that we were constantly complaining about are now the things that we miss most. The 5am wake up every morning for feeding or the crazy all out sprint down the stairs on the way to the 5am feeding. Dauber was always under foot in the kitchen and it's really strange not stepping on him when in the kitchen preparing dinner. And what really got me the most was this weekend when Shawn was at his friend's and Katelyn with Lisa's parents. The very unfamiliar sound of silence....I really don't like it! I even miss the dog hair floating around the ceramic tiles. Lisa and I have never been in a house together for more than 6 months without Dauber around...it's really strange and pretty lonely.

Dauber did arrive home on Thursday and we ordered a really nice and non-obtrusive urn that doubles as a nice mantel clock. It's all still so very surreal.

Anyway, this post while not all that exciting to most, is a cheap therapy session for me. Sorry if I boring any of you with it.

On to other things.....

The family along with Lisa's Mom and Dad went to the annual Family Fun Fest at Shawn's school. The 2-1/2 hour event consists of a lot of bingo, about 25 raffles and a whole lot of screaming kids. We didn't win any of the bingo games or the raffles but Shawn seemed to enjoy himself. On Saturday, we spent about 4 hours cleaning the house. I gave the kitchen and laundry room the heavy cleaning it so desperately needed. Next weekend, I will tackle all the ceramic floors. Saturday night, Bev and Ted took Katelyn and Lisa, Shawn and I went to dinner with Jill, Todd and the kids to Abeulo's for Mexican food and then over their house to play some cards. We left Shawn there for his very first sleep over!

On Sunday, we sent grocery shopping and had Bev and Ted over for burgers on the grill since the weather was so nice. It will be the last of the burgers for me for awhile. I have put back on about 10 pounds of the 40 that I lost over the past 12 months and my clothes are starting to get a bit tight. Time for some cabbage soup and some serious calorie counting for me!

To think...$25 can buy this much happiness and unconditional love!

No comments: