Friday, March 07, 2008

Thank God it's Friday! This week has dragged for what seems like forever. I guess it doesn't help that I can't seem to shake the damn cold that I've had for the past week and a half either. Shawn decided that he wants a birthday party with family and doesn't want a party with his classmates and friends. It took us by surprise; I thought for sure he was going to pick a bowling party or a party at Q-zar laser tag. We were so sure that he wanted one of those highly expensive parties that all the kids seem to have that we told the family that we weren't having one for Shawn when we had Katelyn's party.....I guess we are just dumb parents....what do we know anyway!

Looks like we are going to have a simple pizza and cake party with a theme of airplanes that has now changed to Star Wars. Seems that Shawn is now a huge fan of Star Wars and more specifically Darth Vader. He's scared the fecal matter right out of me twice now with his Darth Vader mask, black cape (graduation gown) and his light saber. You never know where Vader may lurk, he stood outside in the garage and waited for me to come in from digging out the ice formed at the end of the driveway and scared the living hell out of me!

This weekend really doesn't promise to be anything special at all. I may finish up the organization process in the basement by building a couple more shelving units and getting the basement mopped up but that really sounds too much like work. I guess they are talking about another good dumping of snow coming our way today and tonight so maybe I can use the new snow blower one more time this season. Have a good weekend!

No comments: