Friday, March 14, 2008

Signs of spring are finally here! This winter seemed to be unusually rough on me this year. I don't know if it was all the snow or the fact that Katelyn is at that age that it's difficult to take her anywhere for more than a half hour at at time. But the days are longer and I've recently seen some extremely confused robins in the yard is reason to get excited that warmer days are in the not too distant future.

Shawn's birthday is on Sunday so he gets to celebrate it today at school. Elementary is much more advanced in their media capabilities these days; instead of morning announcements, Shawn's school has morning visual announcements on closed circuit television. So Mom and Dad got to sit in the school library and watch Shawn on television say "hi my name is Shawn and I want to say hi to all my friends, my Mom in the library and my two wonderful teachers......" Seems that he forgot that I was there and he is an enormous brown nose to call his teachers wonderful. It is a cool birthday ritual nonetheless.

We are getting ready for our spring break vacation to Florida. Shawn's school is off for Eater break and then intersession on back to back weeks so we are taking advantage of the two weeks off and going to sunny and hopefully warmer Florida. Lisa's parents wanted to do something this year with their family so they rented a 3 bedroom condo on the beach and have paid for the transportation and condo. I am thankful for the generosity because I'm not sure we would be going to Florida this year otherwise. It should be fun. May take in a spring training baseball game and do a little fishing and of course some beer drinking!

When we get back, I will be on my annual trek to Indian's fan mecca...opening day! Probably will be incoherent by noon and freezing my tail off by 3:05. Hopefully this year we don't have the horrific snow storm that we had last year. This year we have a few extra guys coming to partake in the festivities so this will be a fun year.

Tonight we will probably hit the grocery store for some last minute items for Shawn's birthday party and do what we always seem to do; clean the house. Looks like another busy weekend! She is a handful!"Come to the Dark Side"

No comments: