Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The past weekend was both fun and productive. Friday was pretty much spent on starting to get the house cleaned up for our party on Saturday. The house was way overdue for a pretty heavy duty cleaning. I even washed the baseboards! Saturday morning Shawn ran in a one mile race, the goblin gallop, and finished 11th out of 18 2nd grade boys. He finished the mile in about 9 minutes which is pretty good for someone who's seven and only starting running this fall. He was 3 minutes off the winning time but finished strong with 7 others behind him. I'm glad he found a sport that he seems to enjoy.

The party on Saturday was nice. It went much better than I expected; I'm not sure why I had such low expectations. The party pretty much consisted of eating, drinking beer, watching OSU get their rear-ends kicked (not totally unexpected), talking about the kids and their grade cards and listening to constant running around of 9 kids ages 1 to 8. Everyone was pretty much gone by 10 pm except for Jill and Todd who stuck around to watch the 2nd half of the game.

Sunday was a day of relaxation! Nothing but hanging out watching TV with the kids while Lisa went out to do a little Christmas shopping. Sunday evening I ended up making Chicken Paprikash and Spatzle. Both were a first for me and it turned out pretty well. I may have used about a tablespoon too much of paprika but overall it turned out really well. Spatzle making is a blast too. Who would have thought making Spatzle was so easy?

Finally this weekend looks to be one with nothing major planned. I will finish up winterizing the yard and organizing the garage for the winter. I may just be so inclined to build another storage shelf or two in the basement or clean the carpets. We will see. Have a great week and a Spooky Halloween!

No comments: