Thursday, May 07, 2009

First Communion Sunday

Last Sunday was Shawn's First Communion. When I was a kid, I made my first communion by myself since I was late making it. Instead of second grade, I made mine in third due to the exorcism they performed on me during the entire year I was in second grade. I'm not sure the exorcism worked on me but I was able to make my communion. Shawn's first communion was made with his entire class which was pretty cool. Shawn even told me that he could get used to going to church; my grandmother would be so proud!

Not much other than that to report. After church we had family and friends over for lunch/dinner and had a good visit.

My spring yard work began last night with 6 yards of black gold being dumped on my driveway and my spending a modest $65 on annuals and a few perennials at Lowe's. I have to pick up a flat or two of Impatiens from The Andersen's tonight and I think I will be done with the plant purchases. I didn't get too far last night; only planted what I had and spread about 6 wheelbarrows full of mulch in one area in the back last night. If the weather holds out today (looks like rain right now), I will get the rest of the backyard landscaping complete tonight.

On another note, we are finally in the process of refinancing our house. With the home values dropping so badly, we owe more than what the house is worth so without the stimulus package we were unable to take advantage of the 1-1/4% interest rate drop until now! Dealing with mortgage people is so much fun...not!!

Here's a link to a few pictures of the first communion......

No comments: