Monday, August 31, 2009

Odds and Ends

Not much going on as of late. Shawn (and Mom and Dad) has finally settled into the school routine again. It seems like we are in constant motion from about 5:30 every day until Shawn goes to bed at 9pm every night. From school, work, daycare, dinner, cross county practice and homework there is barely enough time to breathe. About cross country, Shawn seems to finally beginning to finding the competitive fire in his belly. He's really beginning to run well; I'm really interested in seeing how he does at the meets this year.

This weekend was a rather quiet one for us. Partially because we couldn't agree or come up with something we all wanted to do. Basically just hung out at home along with running a few errands. I did however found it necessary to buy a new grill. Yes, the old one pretty much took a trip down the crapper and it was going to cost $100-$125 to fix it and poor man engineer the portions of the grill that were beyond merely purchasing replacement parts.

I ended up buying a nice grill on clearance. This one has a light under the grill cover, a small smoke box mounted inside the burner box and an electronic fuel gauge that indicates how much time is left at the current consumption rate you will run out of propane. Needless to say, I was supposed to run out in the middle of grilling last night and I never actually did. So much for accuracy! Oh yea, the grill also has a built-in ice tub and bottle opener too!

News on the diet front...in the first 22 days of our diet (excluding the weekend in Cleveland where we partied like world class eating competition champions) I am down nearly 12 pounds and Lisa is down 7. Only 33 pounds left for me and nowhere near that much for Lisa. I'm not sure if I miss pizza, burritos or b-dubs the most. Just think of all the weight I could have lost by now if I stopped drinking beer!

Da Grill

No comments: