Thursday, July 21, 2011

Satan called and they want their weather back in Hell

I can't believe the heat this summer.  I absolutely love when the temperatures are in the 90's; its just a preview of what I can expect when I eventually leave the living and end up where I'm sure I will be in the after-life.  I thought it was hot in Hilton Head but this is much hotter.  It sure beats the nasty Northwest Ohio winters and I'll take the heat over the sub zero wind chills any day.

We've had a really busy summer so far and it doesn't look like it's getting any less busy.  This weekend is probably the only one that doesn't have something going on.  Our town is having what they call Pizza-paloosa this weekend that we may try to brave the heat and attend on Friday.  Pizza isn't really on the diet but a piece or two won't hurt me.  Our busy schedule has caused the diet to stall a bit.  I have been able to maintain the 32 pound loss but I've hit a serious plateau.  I really want to lose another 20 or so pounds; once the kids go back to school I will hit it hard again.  Not that I'm eating like a pig but the weekends tend to be a little less diet friendly than they should be.  Saturday Shawn is taking a golf lesson that includes a 9 hole round after the lesson.  If he does well at the lesson and it isn't too hot, I may take him on the course.  We will see how crowded the course is too before we make the decision to play.  Katie is also having four of her friends from daycare over for a few hours on Saturday too.  Those are pretty much the big plans for the weekend.  I may try to brew too but may pass on that if it's too crazy hot.

I've been meaning to post the vacation pictures but it's a bit time consuming so I haven't done it yet.  I will try and make that happen soon.  I didn't even blog about it but it was so miserable with the kids acting up I didn't want to re-live the hell.

Next week the U.S. Senior Open is in town.  I have two weekly grounds passes.  I will be sneaking away from work every chance I get next week and hope to attend at least one day next weekend.  I then have a quick overnight trip to Orlando for work on Monday.  The following weekend is a wedding in Columbus for one of my oldest friends Jeff and then the following week I have an appointment in Philadelphia to meet one of our biggest customers.  I'm going to take Lisa and Shawn along to the Philadelphia trip and extend it a couple of extra days.  Our plan is to stay a night in Philadelphia and then hop the train to Manhattan.  The following week, Shawn starts school already.  Yep, the middle of August he starts school. 

I love my new lawn mower and so do the neighbors.  I got to use it last weekend (it probably didn't need to be cut) and I had two neighbors come over to look at it.  One of the neighbors almost tripped he was walking so fast to see it.  It's a pretty strange phenomena to talk to two neighbors in the same month in my neighborhood let alone two in one day.  The mower hauls and cuts nice.  It took a bit of getting use to the controls and the heaviness of the mower when you turn.  The thing weighs 350 pounds...good work out for me.

Happy Birthday Dad...we miss you terribly!

No comments: