Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Finally feels like spring. It's very had to concentrate on anything but being outside right now. We're going to our first Mudhens game of the season tonight; I sure hope that the rain hold off till at least 10pm.

I can't believe that we have been back in Toledo for almost a year now. Since we've been in our house for almost a year as well, I created a punch list of items that we want our builders to fix. Seems as though every new home has a one year HBA warranty and the jig was about to run out. I really couldn't find a whole lot to put on the punch list except for a few cosmetic items (nail pops, ceiling seam, etc) and some "pie in the sky" type items that I knew there was absolutely no way they would covered. This morning I had the walk through with the builders; no surprises there, all the cosmetic items are going to be fixed and the others aren't. I had to give it a shot!

Since we are going to the Mudhens game tonight and Lisa is such an American Idol nut, I made a stop on the way to work to the cable company to trade in our cable box for a box that has DVR included. The DVR will record up to 60 hours of shows and will allow you to pause and rewind live television as well. All the programming is done through our remote using the interactive TV guide. You basically highlight the program you want to record on the guide and bingo. The other fun feature with the DVR is that you can watch one program and record another or you can record two shows at the same time. You can even schedule to record a program when you are away from home via the internet. How fun is this going to be?

Called the morons at the refuse company today to see if they will pick up my old grill and they will.....for a twenty spot. Not sure why I pay for unlimited garbage pick up when they charge me for all the extras. What exactly does "unlimited" mean?

Only 5 more sleeps till the Easter Bunny comes to Town!!!!

No comments: