Friday, February 09, 2007

The past four days have been crazy. Picked up Lisa and Katelyn from the hospital on Wednesday morning, stopped by work to pick up our laptops and show off our little girl. My Mom, sister and brother were in town so we had some lunch and gave them all their Katelyn fix and they took off for home. That's when all hell broke loose.

Actually before my family left, we found out that our drain line on the washing machine froze up. We found out the hard way of course while doing the laundry. I was finally able to thaw the drain by dumping boiling water down the drain and siphoning the water back out several times. I'm glad that I wasn't siphoning gasoline because I think I drank about a pint of nasty laundry soap infused water. To say the least, the whole process took some time and made a mess. Having to mop up the mess was probably a blessing in disguise since I was overdue to mop the tile flooring in the house anyway.

After cleaning the mess, we ran some errands. Picked up Shawn from school, picked up some dog food and ran to Walmart to pick up our pictures. On the way to the vet to pick up dog food, I got rear-ended at a stop light. No damage to either cars but I was about to throw down with the idiot that hit us. Katelyn was only about 2 days old and she has been in her first car accident (she slept through the entire ordeal).

Thursday was like Groundhog Day! Drain froze up again! I didn't check the drain before we started laundry again and boom, the mess happened all over again. Got the drain thawed again, cleaned up the mess and then I went car shopping.

The Toyota Sienna was ready to turn in on lease in 10 days so I went out to the Dodge Dealer and replaced it with a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. We had the 2000 version of the Caravan before but this is totally different. It has the stow-n-go seating, DVD player, Sirius satellite radio, 6 discs changer power doors and tailgate and a whole bunch more gadgets that will need fixing. I'm gonna sound really old but I love that mini-van!

Katelyn had a doctor's appointment today to check on what was a slight issue with jaundice and for a weight check (everything went fine). Lisa and Katelyn are now taking a nap.

That's all I've got for now. Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Minutes after Birth


Proud Big Brother




1 comment:

Chicago Sheri said...

THe pics are great, Shawn looks like a pro holding his sister.

Sounds like you have been really running around, whatta mess in the laundry room