Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This past week has been relatively quiet. On Sunday, Bev and Ted came over for dinner to celebrate Ted's 71st birthday. And on the menu was deep fried turkey so I spent about 2 hours messing around in the back yard dunking a 20 pound turkey in a stockpot full of oil and making a pretty good mess.


Monday, I made turkey tetrazzini with the leftover turkey. It turned out pretty good for the first time but I need to alter the recipe a bit the next time. It definitely needed some garlic or habanero peppers to give it a kick. I love coking new things when they turn out well. I have to get back into my Indian cooking soon.



Today, we picked up Shawn's glasses which he loves! And went to BW3 for Ted's real birthday. The B-dub trip was a total nightmare. Katelyn has decided to be an absolute terror in any restaurant lately...make that any public place for that matter. We shoveled in our food and took off as fast as we could. The poor guy that waited on us couldn't wait to see us leave. Katelyn will be our problem child. I think she is my pay back for being an ass to my parents at times. You know what they say about paybacks....and that is exactly what Katelyn has been lately. I want to lock her up until she's about 25 at times but at other times she is so damn cute. She really has become a Daddy's girl. The best is when she's tired. She walks up to me and lays her head on my chest until I pick her up and let her lay on my chest. Typically within 5 minutes, she's out. She pretty much has me wrapped. How can such a cute little person be such a pain in the butt?

Anyway, my brother is coming to town to celebrate his 32nd birthday with his big brother. Toledo isn't the most exciting place in the world to celebrate your birthday but we will find a fine drinking establishment to help in the celebration. We will however leave Katelyn at home or with her Nana.

Here's a video of Katelyn waling around the back yard last weekend:





Hey look at my new glasses!

No comments: