Monday, May 05, 2008

My brother came for a visit this past weekend. We really kept it pretty low key but had fun nonetheless. Friday, we had dinner, watched the Cavs game, had a few beers and indulged in some Jameson Irish whiskey. Once we were in party shape, we went to a bar nearby with my friend Todd called Andy and Barney's. The bar just so happens to be located in a shopping complex called Mayberry! Pretty small bar but it had a decent crowd and a couple of fun bartenders who shared a shot or two with us. We had a couple of beers and a couple of shots and called it a night.

Lisa really didn't feel well all weekend so Katelyn went to stay with her Nana while Lisa relaxed and Mike and I did our thing. So Saturday, Mike wanted to go to The Maumee Brewing Company. So we headed downtown and had a bite to eat at The Blarney. We both had a great grilled marlin sandwich which came with an order to homemade potato chips. The chips were some of the very best I have ever had and they were served with a side of blue cheese dressing for dipping. Fat city but delicious. I wish The Blarney was in my neighborhood, I would like to eat there more often. Once we were finished with our food and had a couple of pints, we headed down to Maumee Brewing. We were extremely disappointed to find out that the place didn't open until 4pm....on a Saturday! We then went on a mission to find a bar in Downtown Toledo that was open before 4pm and the only one that we could find was Easystreet cafe. We had a couple more beers there and then headed home to watch the derby and have a mint julep (I'm not a big fan I found out).

Saturday evening, Lisa still wasn't feeling too well but did manage to drag herself out to try and eat. We ended heading to Sidelines with Jill and Todd. After dinner, Lisa went to bed and Mike, Shawn and I ended up all falling asleep in the family room watch television. We were all sawing wood by 9:30.

Sunday we had lunch at Elephant Bar and then Mike headed home. I finished the day by mowing the lawn, grilling steak for dinner.

This morning I ordered 5 cubic yards of black gold (mulch) which will be delivered Thursday. Time to get the landscape back into shape.
Happy 32nd Birthday Mike!

Mike's Cake on the cool cake stand Lisa foundKatelyn's new do!



No comments: