Thursday, May 08, 2008

Lisa and I took the day off today to do some yard work. The mulch wasn't arriving until 11am so we dropped Shawn off at school,Katelyn at daycare and went to breakfast at Mayberry dinner. Since we had time to kill, Lisa bribed me to going to a neighborhood garage sale (garbage sale). She of course found things to buy.

When we got home, we spread the 5 yard of mulch I ordered and I'm 3 yards short. The front flower beds are now half done and I can't get mulch until Monday. Oh well, the house will look like a family of short bus riders live there for a couple of days. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered 5 yards.

We finished spreading mulch and cleaning up just in time to take Katelyn to her 15 month appointment. All is well other than the fact she had to get two shots. She weighed in at 26 pounds, 12 oz and was 32" tall. She is in the 90-95 percentile for her age. Lisa sure seems to grow them big!

Last night I had some squid that I had to use up but I didn't feel like breading it and messing around with the deep fryer so I got inventive. I took olive oil, onions, garlic and sauteed for a bit. I then added the sliced squid, salt, pepper and oregano and cooked a while longer covered. I then added some cooking sherry and salsa and cooked about 10 minutes over low. The result is what I call Squidward Mexitaliano. I should have served it over rice or noodles but ate it all by itself. There's a picture below; it tasted much better than it photographed.

"Squidward Mexitaliano"

"Katelyn playing with the stainer"


No comments: