Friday, May 16, 2008

It's been a pretty busy week. I got my additional 3 yards of Mulch on Monday and spread about 2 yards or so and now I'm trying to figure out where to dig another planting bed. I can't win estimating the amount of mulch to buy or the method the landscaping company measures it by may not be very scientific. It's a good think I like to work in the yard.

Lisa is having a garage sale with her friend Jill at Jill's house today and Saturday so most of our free time has been dragging our garbage from the basement and loading it into the car to take to Jill's. I can't believe that after selling so much last year at their sale that they have filled an entire three car garage and a good portion of the driveway with "stuff". There's so many kids toys; just think of all the money that was spent on a three car garage full of toys!

Last night we had to run over to the funeral home to pay respects to the husband of one of our coworkers. He had a form of dementia that rapidly called Frontotemporal Dementia; he was only 56. I can only hope that no one else I know has to struggle with this form of dementia. The disease doesn't have a cure and there aren't drugs that do much to stop or slow down the progression. Pretty sad all the way around. From diagnosis to death is anywhere from 2 years to 10 years, he made it 5.

Of course with all the talk about death the past couple of days, Shawn melted down last night. He was crying pretty much uncontrollably and saying that he misses his Grandpa and his dog. I wish I could take the pain away from him. It's just so frustrating trying to comfort a seven year old dealing with loss when you don't understand it yourself at 39.

Tonight Lisa and I are working the beer tent at our church festival. I've been practicing a lot lately pouring the perfect draft beer in my garage. I'm sure we will hang a bit after our shift is done.

No comments: