Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Update

There's really not much of a weekend update to speak of. I did take Shawn to the junior golf clinic on Saturday and I was pretty disappointed. Lisa had called on Thursday and explained that Shawn had never played, or hit a golf ball in in life and the person on the other end of the phone said that this would be a perfect clinic for him. When we arrived on to the clinic, there were about 150 kids; boys and girls from age 5 all the way up to 18. That wouldn't have been all that bad but I would say nearly 90 percent of the kids had their own golf clubs and had played the game before. There was really very little instruction for the beginners at all. All in all, Shawn did have fun swinging at the ball and will more than likely end up at the driving range several times this summer.

Saturday afternoon was spent cutting the lawn for the first time, weeding and preening the flower bed in the back yard and cleaning the burners of the grill. Other than that and doing a little summer clothes shopping our weekend was pretty uneventful.

2 comments:

Linda Jaros said...

My son, Cody, wanted to play golf too but didn't pursue it after all. I think he was too young at the time. He's the not so secret weapon as pitcher on his baseball team and always gets 'em on 1st base :) Yes, I am most proud of him. He's the very best thing that's ever happened in my life. Sounds like you feel the same about your kids. Good for you!

Linda Jaros said...

I don't see a place to comment on the family photo. Beautiful family. You all look very happy and it sounds like you have a wonderful life. I'm very happy for all of you! You always wonder how everyone's life turned out. I'm glad you and I came across each other. Congratulations and best wishes!