Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Catch up

Its been awhile since my last post. Work has been a bit busy as well as life on the home front so blogging tends to take a back seat. Last Friday was the unofficial beginning of summer. Opening day festivities were pretty much as they have been in the past with the exception of a few new participants. The weather was, as typical, crappy which was a shame because our seats were pretty good for a change. We did stay until just before the tarp was rolled out and the 3 hour and 4o minute rain delay began. By the time the weather cooperated, we were long gone having had a few cold ones back at the hotel and back out to the local watering holes. This year we did discover a pretty cool bar/restaurant/bowing alley that we had a beer and a couple of free shots while watching people were more intoxicated than us try to bowl and dance at the same time. This place makes for pretty fun people watching.

I think that I'm going to try and work in a weekend trip for Lisa and I to spend in downtown Cleveland. I spent my entire childhood in the city and and there's several things that I would like to see and do. Things like go to the Rock N Roll hall of fame, hang at the museums, take a cruise on the Goodtime II and try Lola. Lisa and I are pretty big fans of The Food and Network Lola is the restaurant of Michael Symon who is the newest Iron Chef. I would also like to take a trip to the Ohio City area and visit the West Side Market and to have lunch and a couple of beers at The Great Lakes Brewery. I'm not sure we could fit everything I want to do and see in one weekend.

Saturday, the annual visit from the Easter Bunny occurred at work so the kids stopped by to visit the giant bunny. Shawn love the bunny but Katelyn, not so much. I don't think Katelyn has been so afraid of anything ever.

Sunday was our typical Easter. Bev and Ted came over, I fell asleep for awhile, we ate, played Wii and then the day was over. I did buy Lisa a new compact camera for Easter so she could carry it in here purse on our trip to Key West. I was a bit uncomfortable buying a Nikon because the only cameras we've ever had were Cannons but the price was right and it was the thinnest camera I could find. Speaking of Key West, only 9 more days until I am in 80 degree weather.

Yesterday, I picked up the last of the wood to finish up the shelving units I have been building in the basement. Hopefully I finish the shelves this week so the weekend can be used to organize the basement.

1 comment:

Linda Jaros said...

Beautiful kids!