Monday, March 30, 2009

School projects

I don't remember being assigned book reports and speeches based on a biography in second grade back in the olden days when I was 8 years old. Shawn of course decided to pick George Lucas as his subject and along with the report that Lisa is helping with he has to provide visual aids. One being a poster and the other a diorama of which Shawn though a scene from Star Wars would be an excellent choice. I had the great pleasure of "helping" Shawn with the diorama. Yes me, the guy with little if any artistic ability. Here's the result:Looks like I still have the artistic capability of a second grader. If you can't figure it out, it is Yoda's planet of Dagobah where Luke began his Jedi training.

Other than the art project, this weekend included a first communion retreat and cleaning the much neglected house. I also finally purchased the wood for the basement shelving units that I have been putting off for so long. I think I'm going to frame the shelving units and then practice my drywall skills on the small nook under our basement stairs and also try my hand at installing a pre-hung door. I figured it would give me a bit of practice to tackle the rest of the basement. The project should also result in a nice closet space too. Once I get the shelves built and the junk we store down there organized, I won't have an excuse not to start finishing the basement.

1 comment:

Linda Jaros said...

It's pretty decent, Tim. Although I haven't seen the movie in a few years so I'm glad you added the explanation :) My son has the box set - was addicted to them for a while.