Tuesday, June 01, 2010

From dank and dark to usable space

Well I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel on the endless project.  The carpet was installed today and I hung the doors, installed the door knobs and painted the door trim.  Tomorrow, I will install the door trim and more than likely do some patchwork on the trim with a bit of painter's caulk and touch up the paint on the trim.  Thursday the kitchen cabinets will be delivered and Saturday we have to drive 70 miles to pick out our granite slab.  We attempted to pick our granite last weekend but we drove 140 miles round trip for nothing; it seems the company was closed last Saturday for the Memorial Day weekend.  I guess I should have called first...silly me!

Here are a few pictures of the progress:






 

1 comment:

Brad said...

Wow! I love it.