Monday, June 07, 2010

Quick basement update

Cabinets are 90% installed.  I'm waiting for a larger filler board that gets installed in the corner and joins the wall cabinets on the two walls.  They supplied me with one that was about 1-1/2 too narrow.  Other than that and beefing up the support in the corner for the granite counter top, I am ready for counters.  I also purchase two of the three televisions I have planned for the basement and mounted the 40" that is primarily for the Wii and for a secondary sports television when there are two games I want to watch or during Superbowl parties.  Just a few small details left.  Counters, base molding, hanging a bi-fold door and the 55" television.  I also need to purchase our under counter fridge and my draft beer system as well as some furniture.  The beer system may have to wait a bit since I've totally blown my budget.  Some pictures:

Two more wall cabinets left (see the gap on the left near the soffit?)  I'm pretty happy about how the cabinets turned out.  Not too bad of an installation job for a white collar guy.  Can't wait to see it after the counter tops are installed!

Shawn has already moved his Wii into the basement.  I wish I would have routed the sensor bar wires through the wall. All the other cables are hidden behind the drywall.  I can always disconnect the sensor bar when he isn't using it.

No comments: