Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last week was the big 4-0 for Lisa.  We ended up at the Elephant Bar for dinner and then back to Bev and Ted's for cake.  At work, we made a mess of Lisa's office thanks to two of our coworkers.  I bought about 225 black and white balloons and various other decorations.  Lisa had taken the day before her birthday off  for Shawn's end of the school year picnic and I was out of the office all day so Dawn and Kristi did all the decorating and they did a great job. 

Friday and Saturday, Lisa and Jill had a garage sale at Jill's house but since we didn't have any really big ticket items she only made about $150 or so.  Saturday night we had a late birthday celebration/cook out  for Lisa at her friend's Janet's house. 

Sunday was a day of shopping and working in the basement.  I finally hung the 55" television, installed the under counter  refrigerator (actually did that last week I think), installed the last door and trip and installed a couple of shelves; one for the center speaker and one under the bar area for booze.  Pretty soon the basement posts will come to an end.  What will I have to blog about?  I only have baseboard trim to start and finish, install the tile back splash, the counter top should be installed sometime next week and I am still waiting on a filler piece so I can hang the last two wall cabinets. 

Yesterday, we went furniture shopping and will continue to do the same today during our lunch break.  I think we are going with a leather sectional due to issues getting a standard sofa down the stairs.  The sectional will have to be one that is 5 pieces I think.  We are also looking for bar stools and a pub table of some sort. 

Projects for later this summer and fall will be the keg system and a nice brass bar rail.  Here are some pictures:










No comments: