Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friday night

Friday after work, Lisa and I met up with a co-worker  and her husband for dinner at Rosie's.  Rosie's used to have multiple locations throughout the area and was primarily a pizza joint that offered pasta and sandwiches.  The pizza was probably my favorite in Toledo (nothing compares to Myles in Bowling Green or Antonio's in Parma)but it was a good Mom and Pop type pizza.  Rosie's closed all of it's traditional restaurants and opened a more upscale Italian place.  We've been to the new Rosie's for lunch a few times and the sandwiches were pretty good but the dinner was above average for Italian fare you can get in this area.  Lisa had a Filet Mignon which may be the  best I've every tasted and that includes several well known steak joints in places like Dallas and Chicago.  I had the seafood  special of the day which was cioppino.  I love cioppino and this one was as good as any I've had in the past.  It was full of flavor and had several clams, mussels, shrimp and a nice fish.  I would have like to see a crab claw or two and maybe a scallop for the price I paid but overall, very nice.  Lisa had a chocolate covered strawberry martini, which was nice but I really like the two pickle martinis I ordered.  The pickle martini was nothing more than a nice vodka dirtied up with some pickle juice and garnished with a baby dill.  Overall, the food was great, the service slow and the price high.  Not an every week place I would visit but one in a while for a nice dinner....probably.

Service was so slow, it took 1-1/2 hours from order to check, we almost missed the opening of Jerry Seinfeld.  Jerry was a blast.  He performed for about 1-1/2 hour and was pretty much as I expected.  All of his stand up could be additional episode of his sitcom if he every decided to do the show again.  At the end, he took questions from the audience (all of them sitcom related).  He did the low talk (helllooooooooo) and acted out how he said hello to Neumann.  All in all, I'm glad Lisa got me tickets for my birthday.  If you like his sitcom, you would like his stand up.  We have tickets to Ron White the day before my annual trip to Indian's opening day this year.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him.  

As I type, I am waiting for the carpet cleaning guy to finish up.  We had an appointment for carpet cleaning in the great room and upholstery cleaning for the couch, love seat and chair.  Once the planned cleaning was done, I asked the tech to clean a sample of our grout.  About half of our first floor is ceramic tile grout was getting a bit grungy.  So grungy that I forgot what the color of the grout was supposed to be.  Once the sample was done, there was no way I could live with the nasty grout anymore.  So, I added a two hour job to my bill  to clean the grout.  Unbelievable  the difference!  Highly recommended is you have a lot of grout in your house.  I'm almost embarrassed but I'm going to post a picture of the sample area that was cleaned.  What would you have done?


No comments: