Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Our Little Girl is 4 Years Old Now!

This past weekend was all about Katie and the Superbowl of course.  Friday after work, we dropped Shawn, Katelyn and beast Cody to Lisa's Mom and Dad's house so Lisa and I could give the house a good cleaning.  I absolutely love and hate party cleaning time.  I love it because our house gets a good cleaning:  floors mopped, de-clutterization (Webster's needs to add that to the dictionary), cobwebs out of the chandeliers and the kitchen gets a through scrubbing and polishing.  I hate it because....well because it's work.

Saturday was the big day!  Unfortunately, as was the day Katie was born, the weatherman was not kind.  One to three inches of snow was the forecast but we got more like 6 inches and all of it fell two hours before until just after the party.  I ended up shoveling and snow blowing three times in 3 hours to keep the little girls and their moms from slipping on the drive and the sidewalks.  The lucky thing about that is that I didn't have to hang with all the girls and moms.  I ended up spending the 30 minutes that I was inside in the man-cave tipping a beer.  From what I did see, the girls all had a great time and they were all so very cute.  Katie is definitely one of the ring leaders at daycare.  The most amazing thing was that all 6 girls that were invited ended up making the very snowy trip to the party.  Saturday night Katie picked her favorite place to eat: BW3.

The party's theme was princess.  All the girls dressed in their best princess gowns and Lisa had crafts for them that were princess themed as well.  Here's a few pictures (sorry, there's more than a few):

Sign out by the Road
Look at all the Snow
"Rental" Princess Dresses and Shoes
Katie as a blond princess
The Princess waiting for her subjects to arrive
All the princesses
Cake Time
Decorate a crown craft
Katie and Avery

They sat so nicely during present opening time
Katie waving goodbye
The aftermath!
Skylar's handiwork on Katie's raccoon eyes
Dad as an overweight blond 80's rocker (not a good look at all)

Sunday was anyone but the Steelers day and to my absolute joy, the Cheese-Heads actually pulled one out!  Nothing better than a Steeler's team being beat on any given Sunday.  

This coming weekend will begin with Lisa and I going to see Jerry Seinfeld.  I used to love the sitcom; I'm sure I will enjoy his stand up.  Lisa got me tickets as well as tickets to Ron White for my birthday.  Saturday we are getting our family room carpet as well as the upholstery on all the furniture in the room cleaned.  Both are way over-due and I hope that the upholstery cleaning buys me 6 more months or so before I have to buy replacement furniture.  

No comments: