Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Girth Control Recipes

Due to two requests form a couple of my favorite people,  I've decided to post some of the recipes Lisa and I've tried.  I will try to update the recipe pages as I find decent low calorie recipes that may be of interest to other.  You can find the recipes by clicking here as well as clicking the link I posted to the right.  Hope you find a couple of recipes to your liking!

I aim for low calorie and low fat recipes that allow for decent sized portions to keep us under our 1200 calorie per day goal.  We typically eat a 100 calorie bagel with 2 TBS cream cheese for breakfast and something in the neighborhood of 200-300 calories for lunch.  Typical lunch may include a can of light progresso soup and a small salad with 2 TBS low cal dressing or salsa.  Another popular lunch would be the same soup and a baked potato with Salsa or spray butter or fat free plain yogurt as a potato topping.  Some days it's a potato and small salad.

The trick for me is vegetables and almost a small salad with every meal.  Beer and liquor is a tough one to conquer for me though.  An occasional beer, glass of wine or an ounce of vodka, a squeezed lime or half lemon and soda water drink seems to be a pretty low calorie drink if you need one.  For the sweet tooth, sugar free jello seems to work for me.  We also have an ice cream place here that carries a product called Newbery which contains 8 calories per ounce and isn't too bad.  The other ice-cream substitute I've seen in the past is a product called Wow-Cow.  

No comments: