Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Merry Christmas!! It is 6:13am & I have been up since 5:30am. Just finished shoveling the snow. I find that when Shawn wakes up in the middle of the night, I tend to feel better the next morning, but when he sleeps through the night, I feel horrible - too tired. I guess I have adjusted to getting less sleep. That and maybe because I am still a kid at heart & it is Christmas morning. I wish I could go in & wake Brad up & have him go with me to wake Mom & Dad up so Mom can go down & turn the tree lights on like we did when we were kids!!

When Shawn woke up last night, he looked just horrible. His eyes were so puffy - almost swollen shut still!! By about 9pm the swelling had gone down quite a bit. This reaction was much worse than the first one. I am scard for the next one, because from what I understand, with each exposure the reaction gets worse. We had him open a few of his presents last night. We had bought him a plastic $20 train to see how he would like it & of course, the engine didn't work. My assistant was at Target a few weeks ago & saw a train marked down to $4.00 & couldn't pass it up. Wouldn't you know it, the $4.00 train worked perfectly. We had Mom take him downstairs & we turned it on & brought Shawn up. He ran over & sat down right next to it. He was very excited. There is a train show at the rec center on Sunday that has 350 train displays set up. We are definitely taking him to that!!

The next toy was a set of cardboard building blocks. He loved those. We built up a wall & then brought him in & he ran right to them & knocked them over & laughed & said "Oh No!" He then built them up again & again. Dad was helping him build the wall as fast as he could before Shawn would knock them down again. Dad's comment about himself was "I am to young to be as old as I am!!!" I guess Shawn brings out the kid in all of us!

Gave him a metal shopping cart filled with plastic fruit. He pulled out the fruit & names the ones he knew & pushed the cart a bit & then it was back to the blocks. The last toy of the night was a dirt devil kids sweeper. He was scared of it - wouldn't go near it at all. He was tired & he loves our sweeper, so we'll see how he reacts to it this morning.

I'll try & update later on the after Christmas results!!

No comments: