Monday, October 08, 2007

This weekend was busy as usual. On Friday, Lisa's family came over for a cook out and we watch the Indian's kick some Yankee rear-end which is always a fun time. Saturday, I cut the grass and did some weeding during the day and then we went out for Jill's birthday. We ended up having dinner at a new Japanese steakhouse called Sakura. Sakura is one of those hibachi style Japanese restaurants and it's food was not only very good but the presentation was entertaining. The place was pretty packed which surprised me because it was also a bit on the pricey side. Toledo doesn't seem to support restaurants that are above average on the price scale very well. I ended up with a Sushi sampler which was 6 or 7 pieces which was very good. I would like to go there next time and sit at the sushi bar and feast; if I could only find someone in my household that would sit there with me! For dinner, I had the Tuna and Lisa had the Hibachi Chicken. The meal comes with Miso, salad with a pretty good ginger dressing, a shrimp appetizer, the meat, rice or noodles and vegetables. Over all, I would say the meal was very good and we will more than likely return.

After our Sakura experience, we stopped by a local watering hole to watch some of the OSU game and then headed out to the bowling alley to go glow bowling. Glow bowling consisted of a bunch of 15-17 year old kids bowling in the semi-dark with music videos and music blaring. It was an experience to be had once but I'm not too sure I would do it again. Thankfully bowling alleys have bars with reasonably priced beer! I bowled pretty well though for not bowling for probably 7 years or so. I had a 237,203 and then the beer got to me and I had 143. Not too bad for bowling with an alley ball.

Sunday, we ended up heading to a local greasy spoon for breakfast and then out to the new mall (The Shops at Fallen Timbers). The new mall is one of the new outdoor style malls and I was pretty impressed. I think once the other half of the stores that are still under construction open as well as a few more restaurants, the place will be happening.

I ended Sunday watching the Indians lose to the Yankees but tonight is another game! I hope the Indians can finish them off tonight.

Here are some Sakura pictures from Saturday night:


"Volcano Onion"

Jill trying to catch a Vegetable from the Hibachi chef

No comments: