Tuesday, October 23, 2007


When Lisa's grandfather passed away a few years ago, I discovered in his basement a bottle of wine with the year 1983 on the label and what looked to be French writing. I took the bottle home and it has made the move to Grand Rapids and then back to Toledo. Of course I thought that maybe I had found some very rare and tasty vintage. Low and behold, my lazy ass decided to do a little research last night and the vintage 1983 Beaujolais Nouveau is indeed nothing more than French Mad Dog 20/20. Wikopedia says:

"Many wine critics criticize the "simple" or "immature" wines marketed as Beaujolais Nouveau, for instance Karen MacNeil has compared drinking Beaujolais Nouveau to eating cookie dough.[1] Beaujolais Nouveau is intended for immediate drinking, and in general should not be kept for more than a year."

After closer observation of the "fine wine", I noticed that there's about an inch of sediment on the bottom of the bottle. I'm not really a wine expert but I don't think that solids are a good thing in any wine including Thunderbird or Boone's Farm!

Anyone care to join me for a glass of fine French Wine?


2 comments:

Brad said...

I'll be game in a few weeks!

Tim said...

I'll keep it until then. Might go well with Hobo dinner!