Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Trying to catch up on my updates hasn't been easy lately. It seems that work is getting busy earlier than usual in anticipation for the holiday season and the weekends are always so jammed with activities. Last week I was at the annual trade show that I exhibit at which was a bust. It seems less and less people attend the show and we end up spending more money to exhibit. The only real perk about going to the show is that we are entertained on the company's dime. Our group ate at Devon's Seafood Grill which was very good. I had the Tuna Tar tare to start and ended up having the San Francisco Cioppino for dinner; both were very good. On Saturday we ate at Scoozi! and had the Salmon Grigia which was also good and ended up ordering some nasty Italian liquor called Grappa which was terrible. Grappa was on the dessert menu so I though it would be a smooth alcohol or a port-like wine but when I asked about it, the waiter explained it was made with the skin of grapes so I gave it a try. When the drink arrived, the waiter told me that the bartender explained it as "Italian Tequila"; the stuff was the absolutely most disgusting alcohol that I have ever tasted. I could only tell the waiter when he asked how I liked it was to tell the bartender that it didn't come close to tasting like tequila...it tasted more like butt! We ended that evening at Howl at the Moon which is always a fun time.

The last evening we went to Fogo De Chao; a Brazilian steakhouse that we went to last year as well and it is one of my favorite restaurants of all time! Other than that, Chicago was pretty much uneventful and I was very happy to come home.

Other than my Chicago trip, we have been to the pumpkin farm, a retirement party where I tended bar (may have missed my calling!), had a weekend trip to Cleveland to visit my Mom and really have just been very busy with activities.

Shawn has turned nasty and quite argumentative; not sure if it's his age or the fact that Katelyn is taking some of the attention from Mom and Dad but he is inching closer to a good ole fashion butt whoopin. Katelyn is well.......definitely a girl.

Saturday night Lisa and I have a birthday celebration for a friend of ours (Jill). I think we're going to a new Japanese steak house and then glow bowling. I can't wait to get some sushi from the steakhouse but not sure about the glow bowling. I afraid that glow bowling will be nothing more than a bunch of teenagers running around and will be a drag but we will see.

Finally here are a few pictures of the kids that have been taken over the past few weeks during various excursions:Eating after a long day at school


Katelyn taking a sink bath after gettting sick

Pumpkin Patch

Katelyn Loves the Swings

Mouth meets Foot!


Go Tribe!!!!


No comments: