Monday, February 09, 2009

Katelyn's Party

Not much to update on other that this weekends highlight which was Katelyn's party. Pretty laid back, no major items to note other than I think Katelyn had a blast!

Lisa stayed home today from work because she feeling a bit ill. She had a pretty good fever last night accompanied by a good ole fashion headache and this morning just wasn't feeling up to work. I think she's starting to feel a bit better but she also is developing a nice cough and chest congestion. I certainly hope that the kids don't end up with the bug.

This week we have a first communion parents meeting Tuesday and I have a date with The Brew Kettle to finally blow my father's day gift from last year brewing a batch of beer this week as well. I have decided on the beer they call Dead Poet's Imperial IPA; a supper bitter and high alcohol content beer. I can't wait. Lisa is going to drive over with her Mom, Katelyn and Me and will go shopping while Mike and I brew and sample some of the beers on tap this week. I guess I lucked out so my brother says because this week is Ogre Fest at the Brew Kettle. It's a fun name they gave to a two week long extravaganza of beers on tap from all over the country that are not for the faint of heart. I figured I needed a designated driver for the day to insure that I don't spend an unintentional evening somewhere between Strongsville and home being some dude named Bubba's bitch.. The only real problem with brewing so far from home is that I have to go back to pick up the finished product three weeks later. Just gives me another reason to sample a couple more beers I guess.

Other than that, we seem to be having a spring like thaw! All I have to say to that is that I am so sick of the arctic weather I can't wait until the unofficial beginning of Spring (Opening Day) which is only 60 days away!

Let the party begin!

Look what my brother bought for me..a gift for himself!


I must take after my Dad!


No comments: