Monday, April 14, 2003

I had to take Dauber to the vet today to see why his ear smelled like dog butt. Apparently, he has a yeast infection in his ear and he has scratched at it so much (his ear, not his butt) that he has some very impressive open sores. Now I have to clean his ears twice a day and treat him with an antibiotic cream. Dauber by the way doesn’t like anyone putting anything into his ear so I have to tackle and sit on him in order to clean up his grotesque ears. How does anyone, dog included, get a yeast infection in his ear? It is really quite disgusting.

This weekend, Lisa and Bev took Shawn to an Easter egg hunt at the church down the street from us. The church likes to suck up to all the neighbors because of the traffic problems that it causes being in a residential area. Lisa said that Shawn had a blast...he found several eggs filled with candy that Mommy will enjoy eating if she hasn’t eaten it already. Speaking of eating, Lisa and I ate at a Mexican restaurant called El Reparo Friday night...it was really good. Lisa had Chimichangas and I had enough food to feed a small family. My platter had a chalupa, guacamole salad, chile relleno, beef taco, tamale, enchilada, rice and refried beans. My dinner came out on 4 plates (it seemed like they just kept bringing more). It was all very good...maybe the best that I have had in Toledo and the service was really quick (probably less than 10 minutes from order to serve) and my meal was a meager $8.95!!! The wait staff doesn't speak English very well...matter of fact, I’m not sure they spoke English at all. The best part about this place is the fact that they serve MAMOTH MARGARITAS.....The monster, as they call it, is only 46 ounces ($9.25).

I have discovered a new hot sauce that I may like even more than I like Cholula. Believe it or not it is made by Tabasco and it is their new Chipotle smoked sauce. I am not a big Tabasco fan because I think that their sauces have too much vinegar but this new sauce it really good. The sauce is hot but not overpowering and it is thicker than the traditional Tabasco...try it if you can find it.

Finally, we went out for our first ice cream run of the year. Shawn had a blast and I had a Carbolite™ . Carbolite is a low carbohydrate alternative to ice cream and it really isn’t as bad as you imagine. The flavor that they had tonight was chocolate-raspberry-cappuccino. It actually tasted like raspberry with a slight chocolate aftertaste.

We are planning on going to our first Mud Hens game of the year on Easter. There is an Easter egg hunt before the game and I think that the weather is supposed to be decent this weekend. Since the new stadium opened last year, many new restaurants and bars have opened...the downtown area is really starting to make a turnaround. The latest fine establishment to open is Frickers. I have heard that you can actually watch the game from some of the tables at Frickers, I will have to check that our soon.

Adios Amigos!!

No comments: