Sunday, April 06, 2003

Why do I feel like I am packing to go to a Browns game instead of an Indians game? Maybe its because we are supposed to get 2-5 inches of snow before the end of the day Monday. I have been looking all over town for a hooded sweatshirt with a zip-up front to wear under my coat for the game tomorrow, finally found one at MC sporting goods. You can’t believe how difficult it is to find a sweatshirt in April.

Dauber got into the trash again today, that is a nasty habit that he learned from his cousin Goliath. Lisa caught him in the family room with a corn cob in his mouth. Needless to say, Lisa gave him one hell of a beating and he retreated to the bedroom.

Shawn is into Thomas the Tank Engine (animated-like toy train that has videos etc.), Lisa found out that they have a life-sized Thomas that tours the U.S. every summer that you can take rides on him. Thomas is gong to be in Lost Peninsula, OH this summer during Memorial day weekend and guess who gets to go and spend the day with Thomas? If you guessed Lisa, Shawn and I....you are correct. We had to make reservations for tickets and I also made reservations to stay at the Embassy Suites in Independence Ohio. We will probably hang out with my parents and then go hang out with Thomas and the other 10,000 other pre-school children in attendance.

One last thing before I continue to pack for opening day in the snow....Lisa has fallen in love with these characters that you can buy from the gumball machines at the grocery stores. These loveable little characters are called “homies”. They are tiny figurines that are of typical stereotypical mexicanos...I can’t get out of a store without dropping a dollar for these things. I think that I will have to set up a village with graffiti on the building and use these things as the “towns people” or ghetto people!!! You can see why Lisa loves these things so much here.

Finally in keeping with the ethnic tradition that I have started I leave you with this......I be keepin it real in the 419....word up homies......

No comments: