Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Okay, so I can't type so well!!! Sometimes I do need a light to tell me when to get in the can but it really has nothing to do with my car's tire pressure. I guess I will have to type these updates in word and spell check them from now on. At least Brad got a laugh out of my typos. Shawn, Lisa and I took about a mile walk through Swan Creek (the park Brad, not a walk in the creek). I just finished the budget at work today...that was an experience after I printed the reports out, it turned out to be about 200 pages long. I really learned a lot about excel in the process. Since the series of mergers and acquisitions took place in my company last September, we have gone from a company that was totally run on cash to a company that uses bank financing. In order to show the bank the information it requires, we had to develop a budget that drives a cash flow report and a balance sheet to develop the financial ratio information the bank needs to see and to check ourselves to make sure we are meeting bank covenants. Pretty strange having a budget...we never had a rigid published budget before. My next big project is working on getting ISO certified in at least one of our locations. I have a funny feeling ISO will take a while. Word to your mother...see ya on the flip-side.........

No comments: