Friday, September 26, 2003

I am so mad. I had half of my Blog entry done & I hit the wrong button on my laptop & lost eveything I had just typed!!

Thursday's update - went to breakfast at the hotel we stayed at 8 years ago. The waitress had been there 11 years & remembered the meal Tim wanted, but they no longer serve it. She said that if we were in for a few days, the chef could order the food in & make it for Tim. We were impressed, but said no thanks. The food we did have was really good though. Tim was excited because they had kicked up Bloody Mary's. It was a spicy tomato juice, Absolute Peppar Vodka & a cajun spice around the rim. He said it had a kick to it, but it was really good. I think he liked being able to start his day out with a drink!

From there, we headed to Magic Kingdom. After we parked the car, road the tram, got on the monarail & got through the ticket counter & security, we were finally in the park. The crowds were great. We got on most attractions with no wait at all. The longest wait was 10-20 minutes & I think we only hit that twice. Disney is not a place for kids! As we were riding on the rides, I was thinking of Shawn & he would have been scard at 90% of the rides. The kids that were there seemed to be crying or tired or just over stimulated. I think at maybe 5 years of age you could think about going, but you would still have to pick & choose the rides. THANK YOU MOM & DAD FOR TAKING CARE OF SHAWN!!!! WE APPRECIATE IT!! It started raining on & off by 1 or 2pm. We had pretty much finished the park by 4. The tickets that we used to get in were from when I worked at the Disney Store in college 12 years ago. I can't believe that I still had them & that they were still good! They cashed them in for 1 day park hopper passes. So, we decided to head over to Epcot since they were open until 9pm. We were thinking okay, back on the Monarail, tram, car adventure to head over to Epcot. Then we see a monarail marked Epcot. I asked the guy how long the rail ran & he said until 10:30pm. Yea! We jumped on the Monarail & headed right to Disney. By the time we got to Epcot, the rain was pretty steady. I knew that the new space ride was there, so headed for that first. NEVER AGAIN!!! It was a simulator of being an astronot & it really felt like the real thing (what I would think it would feel like) & had that ride gone a minute longer, I would have thrown up all over the inside of the simulator!! I was sweating & fighting not to get sick the whole time. I could bairly walk when I got out - I felt like I was going to pass out! Tim didn't feel to well either. We sat down for about a 1/2 an hour. The rain was still pretty steady & we didn't feel too well, so we said heck with it & headed back to the monarail, tram, car routine!

Came back to the hotel, showered & headed out for something to eat. We went to Downtown Disney first. I forgot that they have a whole shopping area there. We are going to head back there either tonight or tomorrow, as we were to hungry to shop. The restaurants were too expensive there, so we left & ended up at a seafood restuarant called Crabby Bills. Pretty good food. We left there & headed to WalMart to get a bigger CF card for our digital camera, which will allow us to take more pictures. It was raining hard, so we pulled up in front of the store & Tim went in. After that, it was around 10:30, so we headed back to the hotel & crawled into bed & watched the news & fell asleep. Busy day!!

Today is more of the same. Not sure if we are going to breakfast or not. It is 7:15 & Tim is still struggling to wake up. We are headed to Animal Kingdom first & then finishing the day at the MGM park. They open at 9, so we have a little time. I'll update tomorrow.

No comments: