Wednesday, September 24, 2003

We ended up going to City Walk last night. It was okay. A lot of hyped up restaurants. We ended up having appetizers at the Motown restaurant. After that, we left & went to the town of Celebration. This is the town that Disney built. If you have seen The Truman Show, that movie was filmed in a town called Seaside in Flordia. That town inspired the builders to build this town the same way. It almost feels like you are walking around on a movie set. Huge houses - most around 1 million dollars. They have a downtown area with some neat restaurants & taverns that we are thinking of going back to. Their website (unable to link properly from here, sorry!!) is www.celebrationFL.com. Really neat place.

We then went to the local grocery store where I got a ham & cheese sub, some banana pudding, 2 plums and 2 candy bars for lunch today. In the parking lot was a large Egret, which is a Heron according to the Internet! It was pretty neat. The store clerk was out there & she said his name is Bob & gave me a piece of popcorn to feed to him. I had to get down in the squating position so I wouldn't scare him. Those beady eyes looking at me were pretty scary. All of a sudden, his long beak came at my hand for the food. His beak was really sharp & it hurt. We took so pictures, but it was pretty dark, so I think I need to go back!

When we got back, we went down to the bar & sat with Tim's boss for a drink. I stayed down for about a half an hour & then came up to the room.

Tim is done by 2:00 today. Joyce is sending me an overnight envelope today with my payroll reports in it. That should be here by 10am, so I'll get that done, eat lunch & then Tim & I will figure out what to do for the rest of the day.

No comments: